Safety Measures For Using Pole Saw
Is it the first time that you have invested on a pole saw for trimming the trees around the houses on your own? There are a lot of stores such as Home Depot that has a good collection of pruning tools. Well, last month my wife got me a quality pole saw from here and since it is the first time I have used it, I did go through the safety measures that must be followed while handling the pole saw. Some of these tips are mentioned below:
- You must wear snug fitting clothes, gloves, boots, hard hat and some eye protection glasses.Before you start your work, check if the oil level in the pole saw chain is halfway up.
- Most important tip is to make sure nobody is down there in the area where you will be working on the trees. Also, do not let your kids and pets enter the working area.
- Check if the extension cord that you are planning to use is specifically for outdoor purpose. And do not forget to check if it is plugged in.The cords must be looped in a way so that even if one gets snagged, the power will not go off.
- While starting you must stand with your feet apart in a stable position.The pole should be held with the left hand keeping the arm straight and the thumb wrapped around.For starting, the throttle lockout should be pressed and held and then the throttle control needs to be squeezed.
- Avoid operating the pole saw during night time. It is better to use it in day time when you can view everything clearly. Also, you must not use it during monsoons.
- Do not let the cords get tangled. Check out clearly if there are any other electrical wires by the side of the tree.