A curtain is an important accessory of the house. Not only does it change the aesthetic appearance of the house, but is also a product of high utility. When choosing the curtains for your house, you first need to establish what you expect from them, as this will greatly help you decide the fabric you want your curtains in.
Following are a few pointers to bear in mind if you need curtain fabrics.
- If you need curtains for a room that gets a lot of sun light, choosing a handmade fabric is one of your best options. As handmade fabrics tend to last longer than linen or cotton fabric and will also not fade as easily due to the exposure to sunlight for a long time.
- If you are partial towards linen fabric curtains, you must be aware that the painful creases come along with them. Luckily, the latest linen polyester fabrics are now available. These fabrics give you the good looks of linen without the creases.
- If you wish to maintain the privacy of your indoors without actually making the room dark, then sheer fabrics are your best bet. They block the room and will not allow the privacy to compromise at the same time allow enough sun light to filter in.
- If you are looking at curtains that cover the entire length of your wall you might consider the lead weighted ones as they help maintain and now sway around.
- If you do not have the space or scope to have a complete sheer curtain you can make use of the sheer roman blinds as these serve the purpose and look great too.
- If you want a complete blockage then opting for a coated fabric is a good option. These are most practical especially in the bedroom when looking at blocking the outdoors completely.
Other than these, depending on the room where you wish to have curtains there are many options available in many colors.